Car in Singapore: Singapore is a small country with limited land resource and that is the reason why there is such thing called (COE), a Certificate Of Entitlement. It represents the right for an individual or company to own and use a selected vehicle in an appropriate vehicle class for duration of ten years, which is renewable subject to a payment of a current bidding price of a new COE, so that the car can be on the road again. Other options for the car owner are to scrap the vehicle or to find a Singapore car exporter to export the vehicle overseas.
Car in Singapore – Different models of car for the Singapore car exporter to market
Export used car from Singapore , which is estimated to have exceeded more than 60,000 cars last year, is set to increase further as car exporter to New Zealand is actively promoting its sales activities. This is because the Singapore vehicle quota system which forcibly and prematurely end your Singapore’s cars lifespan on the roads after 10 years, unless its COE is renewed.
For cars after 10 years old, you can either scrap the car yourself or get someone to do it; sell it to a car dealer who will either scrap the car or ask some Singapore car exporter to New Zealand or other countries to do it for you.
When you have to consider the best amongst the available options, it’s very important to do a quick research to find out the beast deal which can provides you with the higher monetary returns.
if you are selling your car to a car exporter to New Zealand, they can arrange car deliveries in different parts of New Zealand to facilitate seamless transactions. Buyers can choose their favorite vehicles in ports nearest to their location so that they can save time, money and energy.
They are some car export regulations in New Zealand and your Singapore car exporter should know about the rules and regulations in importing cars in New Zealand.
As a guide, below are some of the important pointers that your car exporter to New Zealand should be familiar with:
1) Age restriction- A used car must be no older than 8 years to qualify for importation.
2) Cost of Car import taxation and charges in New Zealand- In New Zealand, All motorcycles and motor vehicles are approved free of any tariff duty excluding a 15% goods and service tax applicable while importing these vehicles. Few others such as ambulances and motors-vehicles equipped with features that enable occupancy such as toilet, cooking and sleeping facilities have to pay a 10% tariff duty and GST.
3) Car inspection in New Zealand- Import used cars in New Zealand must also pass emissions tests based on the standards set by the New Zealand government. The standards vary depending on the vehicle type.
4) Other Requirements-
- Bill of Lading (BOL)
- Passport (copy only)
- Car registration and deregistration certificate
- Invoices: freight fee, export fee, marine insurance fee
- Vehicle license papers or insurance certificate (ownership papers)
- Client code application (New Zealand customs)
At the end of the day, it is vital to assess both to see which will give you a higher financial return. Scrap the car or find a Singapore car exporter to export your car?