McDonald’s Scholarship: When looking for a college scholarship, being as thorough as possible is your best bet. Do not let any chance go to waste and take every opportunity you get, applying to every possible place that’s willing to support you financially with your academics. Surprisingly to some people, this place could even be your local fast food place.
For over three decades now, people have been getting financial aid through various McDonald’s and the Ronald McDonald House Charities. They have given out more than $65 Million worth of scholarships so far! All you have to do is fill out an application, and if you are a hardworking, community-oriented student, you may be able to get a lot of help through a dissertation writing services.
The purpose of this scholarship is to seek out people with limited access to education,
Note that while the awards may vary, most of them are about $2000 per year.
About the scholarships
McDonald’s offers a variety of scholarships that you can choose from according to what best suits your needs. This includes both the McDonald’s and the Ronald McDonald House Charities. Here are some pointers that may help you out in Dissertation Proposal Writing:
- The Ronald McDonald House Charities programs offer scholarships that any student can apply to, just as long as they meet all the requirements.
- They have a separate Asia scholarship which is for students with one Asian parent or similar heritage, i.e. Pacific-Islander.
- Their third option is their African American scholarship for students with Black Caribbean or African American heritage.
- They also have separate scholarships for Hispanic or Latino students, which is the Ronald McDonald House Charities HACER scholar’s program.
From each of the 50 states in the US, they select one worthy candidate and award them $2500 out of all the student employees. These are the ethnic eligibilities, but these aren’t all the scholarships that they offer. For a McDonald’s scholarship in 2020, you may want to take a look at some of their scholarships that people of all ethnicities and backgrounds are eligible for.
There are many ways for you to spice up your McDonald’s scholarship application. The areas where you have most control are your personal statement and letters of recommendation. Your personal statement will include things like your career goals, commitment and uniqueness, which are the main things any institution or scholarship provider looks for when searching for students that they think are worthy of financial aid.
There are several need-based scholarships, and they are categorized amongst different people. For example, the previously mentioned scholarships are for minorities. Keep in mind that not all RMHCs will offer all four of these scholarships – it depends on your local chapter, so according to what is offered near to, you may apply to the appropriate scholarship,
Who is eligible?
Anyone who works at McDonald’s is eligible to apply for an employee scholarship, but you must be living within the near vicinity of an RHMC chapter. This scholarship is for students about to go into college, so naturally, you must be a high school student younger than 21 years of age. Here are a few requirements that you must fulfill in order to be eligible:
- You must be a US citizen and enrolled as a senior is a US high school, only then will you be awarded the scholarship because this would mean you will be a fresh graduate. You cannot be awarded scholarships and unless you are about to graduate because this would lessen your competence and there would be no way to test your current skill level.
- This one is obvious, but you must have a good record with not only your overall academics but also community service and other extracurricular activities. These things matter a lot in when getting into college, and would surely be a great help in your scholarship application because it will show you dedication as a student.
- You will need to demonstrate a certain level of financial hardship. The purpose of these scholarships is to help less fortunate students get a quality education so that their academic and professional talent isn’t wasted simply due to a lack of funds. This is why students who cannot afford to pay off their college tuition on their own are most eligible for these scholarships.
- If you want to apply for a McDonald’s scholarship, it is important that you have been a McDonald’s employee for at least three months and have worked for at least 15 hours a week.
- There four state areas for eligibility are Alabama, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee.
- It is one-year scholarship, where you will be given a set amount that can be used in any year of your four-year college/university. This college can also be regionally accredited, non-proprietary, technical or having to do with the community.
- The merit requirements are at least a 2.7 GPA.
These are the requirements that you need to fulfil in order to be eligible for this scholarship. This eligibility criteria ensures that only the most deserving, capable students get this privilege, because it means they will go on to further better their community in the future. The reason for these scholarships is to help students out so that they do not have to live out their lives doing odd jobs on the streets despite having a lot of potential. This puts to use the hidden academic talents that students have by giving them a platform where they can polish themselves and grow in a professional setting with help from other in their field of choice.
How to get the scholarship
The process for getting the scholarship might be a bit long and tedious, but it will all be worth it once you apply successfully and get the funding you need. To apply for the 2020 RMHC scholar’s scholarship program, you will have to go through the following procedure.
- You can find a clear set of instructions on how to apply on the RMHC website.
- After retrieving the application from either the website or picked up at a local RMHC chapter, filled and returned the same way.
- If applying for a job at McDonald’s, since that is the first step to being eligible for the scholarship, you may find an application form at the employee crew website.
- If you are a minority or planning on applying for one of the minority-based RMHC scholarships, a personal statement in which you tell them about your background, where you are from and your culture would be of great help.
- In this section, you may also include your goals and what you want to do further in life because this shows them that you are someone with ambition, someone who is looking forward to something and will thus have a bright future. This increases your chances of getting the scholarship.
Note that you may only fill out one application form because you are only allowed one scholarship.
Details of the scholarship
The overall scholarship will be $100,000. This will be given in installments over the course of four years, with $25,000 being awarded each year. This amount will go into fulfilling all academic requirements of the student, including books, tuition, fees, supplies and anything else that may be required for the course.
It is easy to miss certain things up in such a long, fairly complicated process. It has to be this way due to how big and helpful the award is. In order to make sure your application gets accepted and you don’t have to lose the scholarship simply because you couldn’t submit the application correctly, here are some things that you should remember when filling out and sending in your scholarship application.
- Remember to upload the application in the correct file format. They will most likely not accept a regular MS Word document, so make sure you know exactly what they will accept. Follow the rules provided.
- You may feel the need to go all out, but uploading documents that have not been asked for would not be a wise decision. The people who will review your application will have a huge number of other applications to review as well, which means that if you include anything they did not ask to see, they might see it as a waste of time and reject your application completely.
- Often, people will upload a document saying that they are uploading other documents. This is pointless and would waste their time, so do not do this.
- This one is a given, but make sure never to ignore any requirements. If obtaining a document is too much work or will take too much time and you decide to send in your application without said document, your application will not be accepted. Do not make the mistake of assuming that every document isn’t absolutely necessary, because it is. Whatever is mentioned in the list must be sent in with your application, or it will be considered incomplete.
- You might be concerned about the security of your data, but sending in password-protected documents when applying for a scholarship isn’t a wise thing to do. You must remove any password protection that may be on your documents, and rest assured that your data will be safe with who you are sending it to. They need to have access to your files in order to review your application.
- Make sure you do not upload any file that has an expiration date for viewing. You never know when they may open your application, and the results come a long time after the application submission, so by the time they actually get around to reviewing your application, it may not even be accessible to them because the time has expired.
- Always ensure that your documents have been accepted by going to the homepage. Never assume that your documents have reached them or that your application has been accepted just because you did your part by sending them in.
You will have the date of the result on the website, and notifications will be sent to you within this given time. All you have to do after the submission of your application is to wait for the response. If you have been awarded the scholarship, the checks will be mailed directly to whatever college or university you have applied to by McDonald’s after your admission to that university has been verified, so after acceptance, you will have nothing to worry about.
In order to find out more about this, you may go to the RMHC website, where you will first be able to learn about all the scholarship opportunities that will be available to you specifically, along with what scholarships your local RMHC will be participating in. This way, you will not have to waste too much time researching on what is actually available to you, or in research on scholarships that you aren’t eligible to begin with.
Who should you get recommendations from?
When deciding who to get your recommendations from, you must be very careful. The reason for this is that recommendations are mostly what make application successful, and your application will most likely be accepted if someone trustworthy has recommended you. This could be a teacher, a coach or someone else of equal value with whom you’ve had a close academic relationship with over the course of high school. This will mean that they know you as a student, and thus, can rightfully vouch for whether or not you will be a good candidate for the scholarship.
If you take these steps seriously and write a strong personal statement, your application will be accepted and you will be awarded the scholarship.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Elijah Gabrielson has a master’s in Linguistics from the College of Liberal Arts at the University of Illinois. He discovered his love for writing all the way back in middle school when one of his poems was selected for a reading at his favorite coffee house. Since then. he has dedicated himself to writing and takes part in eazy research to find topics he could potentially write about.