The Indian Navy is one of the most renowned services from the people of India towards its motherland. The Navy is a body of the Indian Armed Forces which protects the Nation from up above. Hold on to your seats as you take a mini-tour around all of the requirements you need to be a part of this heart-gripping service to the Nation, from your higher education to practical experience.
There are two ways of Joining the Navy after 12th class. It can be wither through the NDA and NA Examinations. The NDA entry is open twice a year in March and October. This exam is conducted by the UPSC. There are about 300 vacancies per course in the armed forces: 195 in the army; 66 in the air force, 39 in the Indian Navy.
There are also several divisions and specializations in the case of Executive Officers. They are; Logistics Officer, General Service Officer, Information Technology Officer, Law Officer, General Service Officer, Information Technology Officer, Law Officer, Submarine Officer, Diving Officer, Pilot officer, Provost Officer, Hydrographic Officer, and Naval Armament Inspection Officer.
All of these job posts generally fall under the category of Executive Officers. They form an integral part of the Armed force as they ensure the smooth functioning of the Indian Navy and General Duty as well as specialized tasks
NDA and NA Examination:
- The age limit generally falls between the age of 16 and a half years to 19 and a half years ( born between 2 Jan to 1 Jul for the December course and 2 Jul to 1 Jan for the July Course )
- The candidate must have qualified 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics are eligible.
- The candidate must not be married.
The application must be submitted in before 10th to 15 Nov for the January course and 10th and 15th April for July Course. The training sessions generally last from January to July. The training takes typically 3 years at NDA and the one year in IMA, Dehradun.
Technical Entry Scheme – TES (for High School Science graduates)
ELIGIBILITY:- B :
- The candidate must be of the age between 16 and half years to 19 and a half years.
- The candidate must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as a major subject with an aggregate of 70% and above to apply.
- The candidate must not be married
The TES entry is open twice a year. The application has to be submitted 30 Jun and 31 Oct The training sessions usually January and July and training takes place in IMA Dehradun. The training usually lasts for five years: 1 year in IMA and four years in CTWS.
For you to register under either the Air force or Navy, you need to have the above qualifications.