When you are consulting a cosmetic surgeon you should not only search for a qualified surgeon who can perform surgery safely and successfully but also to ensure that the surgery is fit for your aesthetic sense and personality. There is a kind of plastic surgery known as Blepharoplasty which corrects defects, deformities and disfigurations of the eyelids.
Blepharoplasty -Things to Remember when consulting a surgeon
- A doctor may say that he is a plastic surgeon or a cosmetic surgeon but it is not necessary that he is a qualified surgeon in this field until unless he has a training certificate, board certification and experience performing cosmetic surgery. If you apply for the cosmetic surgery you should inquire about from where did the doctor received his training, from which board is he certified, since how many years is he performing cosmetic or aesthetic surgery or how many times he has performed a surgery for this procedure and what are the completions face by the previous patients or under whose supervision anesthesia is provided.
- The surgeon works in an accredited surgical facility, it is essential for safety to accredited facilities. When accredited surgical facilities are used there is required high standards of safety like cleanliness, anesthesia administrations and emergency readiness. If any of the doctors do not follow these safety measures then you should not consult such a doctor for plastic surgery or cosmetic surgery. Most of the surgeons operate in a private surgery center but before going for a cosmetic surgery you should ensure that the surgeon has a transfer agreement for the nearby hospital. When you choose a cosmetic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. You can assure that the surgery is taking place in an accredited surgical facility.
- You consider cosmetic surgeon for specific concern regarding your appearance what you thought in your mind, right? For this to acquire your needs fully a cosmetic surgeon must understand your need and be able to achieve your expectations. Few things to look for a cosmetic surgeon are
- The surgeon should not only just for your expectations but should provide an option and suggest to you what the best will be suited to you.
- You should be able to share your stories or medical histories to a doctor comfortably.
- When you are going for a consultation you should not feel rushed at any point. If the previous patient’s results are not good and you are not appealing to go for a consulting to that doctor or you are not comfortable to share your personal information or medical history to the doctor then leave that doctor.
- A surgeon should explain all the advantages and disadvantages or the risks that you may face during the surgery. Any reputed cosmetic surgeon will always ensure that his patients are fully informed about the benefits and risk of the procedure for the surgery is to take place.
You should be very clear while choosing the doctor for the surgery of any part of your body. As the surgery is a very sensitive decisions.